Thursday, March 11, 2010

Paramore/Singapore #6

NOTE: Please read posts #1 to #5 before you read this :D

March 8 - 1337 SIN

Walked back towards the Esplanade, bought a few drinks (I was THAT thirsty from the immense walking, with my heavy bag too), and headed to the Fountain of Wealth.
I took quite a bit of asking around and some instinct to actually find the place.
And damn, I never knew the fountain was actually inside the shopping mall - at Suntec City Mall.
I didn't think I would have taken that long to find it, then I saw my mobile phone clock, and I saw it's 3p.m! WHAT?
Can't believe I took THAT long to find it. And it wasn't actually far away from the Merlion.
But loved the adventure. I like walking in circles in unknown areas by myself anyway. :D
At the fountain of wealth, I did follow what I'm supposed to do - I put my hand in the fountain, and walked around it 3 times. Not that I believe it will make me wealthy, but I found it pretty cool to do it.
Soon, it was about 3:30 in the evening, so I decided to head back home. Was tired like mad walking, ankles and knees killing me. Imagine for people who are not very fit!
I searched for the MRT station. Entered the City Hall, and followed the signs above leading to the MRT station.
Guess how long I took to find it. 25 minutes!
I was walking and walking and walking and walking, and wondering when will it ever end.
Although I did make a few wrong turns before I turned back, and had to drop by 7-11 to buy Mars bars. Energy content of a single Mars bar - 1050 calories! Perfect for quick energy, especially when you don't have the appetite to eat any meal.
However... I saw the sign - "No food and drinks - Fine 500$". I immediately hid my food and drinks into my bag. :P

March 8 - 1603 SIN

Finally at the MRT station, one guy helped me buy the ticket, as I wasn't sure how the system works.
By the way, Singaporeans are really nice and down to earth people.
He explained to me which train to go on, and which lane I was supposed to take. Really good.
Soon, when I was there, a tourist thought I was a local, and asked me how to get to a certain location via the train.
I made a guess, a smart guess of course :P. I wouldn't want to make a wild guess, it would be stupid.
And I was right in the end :P
I was surprised I was asked in the first place, as I really looked like a backpacker. :D
Traveled by train to Kranji, where buses travel to Larkin, one of the main bus centrals in Johor.
It's so much cheaper to go from Singapore > Larkin > Seremban, rather than Singapore straight to Seremban.
You can save up to RM70! And that's not little at all.
Anyway went to Kranji, got on the bus for Larkin.
Went through Woodlands customs in Singapore, no problem.
Travelled by the same bus for a few minutes, arrived at the Johor Bahru customs, no problem.
Suddenly, when I wanted to go to the bus downstairs, it was not there.
It appeared that the bus left me behind.
I was searching around the whole terminal, no sign of it. I even asked the police there. :P
I panicked, as normally people won't get dropped off there, and buses are normally full.
Luckily, about 20 minutes later, there was a bus with one seat remaining. Ah, phew!
I did have to spend another RM1.40 to Larkin, and the bus driver was pretty rude (Malaysian), but the heck. At least I can find my way home!
Traffic was horrible. Only reached the Larkin bus central at 5.45 evening.

March 8 - 1755 KUL

Found a bus heading to Seremban.
By then, I was sickeningly exhausted. The bus was pretty good, they felt like airplane seats :D
And so when the bus left, I finally got to sleep. After almost full sleepless nights, tiring few days as hell, I managed to sleep. Thankfully the seats were comfortable.
The bus had a TV, and they showed this Chinese action movie when I woke up.
It had very interesting subtitles. I'm suspecting, someone wrote down the Chinese words, and they used a direct translator from the internet or something, then just inserted it into the movie.
I couldn't stop laughing. There's one guy in the movie named Lung, a.k.a Brother Lung.
And the subtitles kept saying "paru-paru"!
There was one point I just had to burst our laughing. When one girl in the movie was shouting his name - "Lung!!!" "Lung!!!"
The subtitles showed "paru-paru!" "paru-paru!".
Some people in the bus laughed too.
I did watch it until the end, although I didn't really understand what it was about, it looked pretty interesting, the action and stuff.
And finally, reception came back! My phone could call and receive calls again! My mom was extremely worried about me. She even asked whether I was still stuck in Larkin or Singapore. :P
The bus arrived much faster than expected. I initially told my mom 11p.m, and the bus arrived at 9.45p.m :P

March 8 - 2150 KUL

Got out of the bus in Terminal 1.
After starving quite often in Singapore, appetite-less, suddenly I became awfully hungry again.
Back in Seremban, tired, hungry. And every place in Terminal 1 was closed by then. I was shocked!
So I walked all the way to the 2-floor KFC for a meal.
More walking that means. But I felt like I got used to it.
When ordering my food, I saw a few staring at me with the huge bag on my back, with my sleeping bag tied to it.
I was more focused not to knock anybody over, especially if they're carrying trays.
Ordered a Zinger Burger set, and used my Coffee Mug experience, used one hand to carry the tray around loads of people, and bring it to the 2nd floor.
I finished my meal in about 5-7 minutes, the burger, the wedges, the drink. I was that hungry.
And then called my mom, asked her to pick me up, then walked to the area.
Guess where? Church :D
I felt safest there. I had loads of valuables - wallet, camera, MP4 player, cell phone, and Paramore merchandise :D
What a journey. Worth every minute of it. So many challenges, so much hardship, so much sacrifice, just to watch Paramore. And no regrets at all!
When I reached home, I straight away took out all the Paramore items I bought, and started taking pics of them to be posted on facebook :D.
I was still so hyped about the concert, I couldn't really sleep.
What time did I sleep? 6a.m. Yep.
The best possible way to end the day?
Watching Wigan beat Liverpool 1-0. Hahah! :P. Sorry Lucas.

____________________________________________

I might take a few days break from blogging. (That's a lot for my standards already)
Anyway, to those who are so curious about my results, I got
1A+, 1A, 2A-, 3B+, 1C+, 1C.
Happy?

Lastly, I support PAS, I like PAS! No, not the political party, but the Paramore Addiction Syndrome. :D

| To be continued in post #... nah! Don't worry, no more! :P |

No comments:

Post a Comment