Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Paramore/Singapore #5

NOTE: Please read posts #1 to #4 before you read this.

March 8 - 0105 SIN

Went by taxi back to Kenny's place to pick my bag up, then headed off to his friend's place, where I'm staying.
After midnight taxi fares are increased by 50%. Woah!
Met the room owner, Douglas, and I suspect his girlfriend, Jacinta.
Woah, it was pretty messy. But cool. He had a collection of 'antique' amps and 5 guitars!
Of course, I had to get my hands on one. :D
I picked the classical guitar, because that type has strings where there's the least likelihood for a string to break.
Then Kenny told the rest about my playing by ear.
And so Jacinta started to ask me to play like every song she asked me to play, whether I heard of them or not.
It seemed like she was bullying me.
But then, I thought I lost touch, but I did really well.
Played nearly every song well, although there were songs I never heard in my whole life.
Did that until like... 2:30 in the morning?
Went to wash up soon.
Oh dear... Douglas's place's toilet... Ugh....
It's... just... horrible. I won't explain it.
Although I needed to clear my bowels, I just couldn't. It looked disgusting.
But I did bath and pee of course :D
Went to sleep right after. After a tiring night, didn't take long for me to sleep, although I did feel the Paramore Hype Aftermath.
After a really really really really exhausting day.

March 8 - 1015 SIN

Kenny woke me up. By then Douglas left for school/college.
Took a bath, and luckily I bought the Paramore T-shirt. I didn't have any other T-shirts, clean ones left in my bag. So I wore it.
Packed my stuff, and left the place. The bathroom there was a place to remember, but not in a good way :P.
Followed Kenny to the bank. And then he had to go to school.
So at around 11a.m, I was on my own. Time to explore places.
Walked around for places to eat, didn't have my breakfast until then.
I went to McDonald's, already knowing that the usual food in Singapore sucks.
I just bought one McSpicy burger there.
Why do Malaysians have to lengthen the bloody thing and name it "Spicy Chicken McDeluxe"?
Anyway, yeah, bought one, and struggled so much to finish it.
It tasted no different from the ones in Malaysia, but I still didn't have much appetite. All the way in Singapore I was like that.
But I still managed to force my way to finish it.
Then, I went to Starbucks to buy a drink.
Shocked? After all my anti-Starbucks talk?
Maybe. But I only bought a drink from there, because it's the very only place, where if you convert SG$ to MYR, it's almost the same. Everything else, stuff in Singapore is more expensive than Malaysia. So yeah.
And bought the Signature Hot Chocolate. Iced.
I was embarrassed. The Starbucks Barista/Waitress made fun of me for ordering ICED Signature HOT Chocolate.
Ugh..... But I salute her for not being afraid to do so.
And the Singapore Baristas are better than the Malaysian ones. :D. Serious. At least they blend the chocolate properly, not like the ones I buy in Malaysia.
I bought this also because it contains a lot of calories. Loads of energy, required for the long walking.

March 8 - 1209 SIN

I went to search for the Merlion. I decided to challenge myself and keep walking while searching for it.
Without asking anybody.
I kept walking and walking, trying to refresh my memory of the routes I was walking the day before.
Really really tiring walk. But I found it after 50 minutes of walking.
I did go into the Esplanade just before that. Really cool place, and Kool and the Gang are going to perform there not long to go. Wait, they're still alive?
I relaxed at the waterfront area for a while. Nearly fell asleep :P. So jet lagged from the previous day.
But shortly after I walked 10 to 15 minutes to the Merlion. Earlier the Merlion was in sight, but was still pretty far away.
Reached there, and I never knew there was a baby Merlion! Heheh.
But the big one, the real one, is big :P. When I went nearer, it felt so nice to feel the small water sprinkling on me. It felt very relaxing. Although some people were running away from it :P.
Soon, got one Japanese girl to take a pic of me near the Merlion. The pics where I was standing on the steps and sitting on the Merlion barrier. (illegally :P). They were pretty good pics.
And then I went to the other side, the main area where photographs should be taken.
Got this dude to take pics of me. This time the pics wasn't that great. But what the heck.
I still looked pretty good in the Paramore T-shirt. :D

~Gotta sleep. Gonna post my last Singapore blog post, post 6# tomorrow~

| To be continued in post #6 (Last post) |

No comments:

Post a Comment