Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Paramore/Singapore #4

Please read Posts #1, #2 and #3 before you read this.

March 7 - 2203 SIN

I went out of the Indoor Stadium.
And woah! Loads of people were still screaming away!
And loads of people were playing Brick By Boring Brick on their mobile phones or their car radios.
It was madness! And all of the same song!
I was like... enough, enough! Have some variety a bit :P.
But it was pretty cool watching people go crazy, even after the concert ended.
Shortly after, I wanted to go have my dinner. The last thing I ate before that was around 5p.m where I ate one bag of chips, that was about it.
Hungry, but when I went to the mall nearby, every restaurant was full, with ridiculously long lines.
At each restaurant I walked to, I kept looking at the line, going to the next one, and again, doing the same thing. I didn't feel like going to eat in the end.
At 10:45.pm I went back to the Stadium, peeked backstage and saw the band going into their van and heading off, to their hotel I suspect.
Quite a number of cars were following them all the way.
At 11p.m I went to the restaurant at the Stadium area. Wanted to eat something, was ridiculously hungry at that time.
Saw the prices... NO WAY! Paying about RM80 for a meal. That's way worse than Manhattan Fish Market!
Since I was on a budget, I would sacrifice and stay hungry for that period.
Kenny was supposed to come and meet me at 11:30p.m.
Since the whole trip I couldn't use my phone at all, I had to go look for someone for me to borrow a phone. By then the stadium was pretty empty.
It was 11:40p.m by then I got a little worried. I did find someone to borrow a phone. He looked reluctant, but still gave me the phone for a minute. Kenny was on his way that time.
I gotta thank the guy who lent me the phone.
I actually wanted to go and find my way back, but then I wasn't sure where Kenny would be, and he probably would have been searching for me there.

March 8 - 0005 SIN

Finally we noticed each other. By then, not a soul at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
I realised how quiet Singapore was when I was on my back to the place I had to stay in. DEAD!
I saw one person walking right in the middle of the road.
Every place was closed in town.
I did go to one of the stalls somewhere with him.
I bought Nasi Goreng Kampung.
I don't remember eating rice this hot in my life. I did ask for spicy, but I expected the Malay restaurant type of spicy in Malaysia. This was ridiculous.
I didn't even finish half of it. It didn't even taste nice in the first place. Appetite throughout the day did not improve, although I still felt agonisingly hungry.
Wasted 5$ for the rice. Now I know what these people were talking about when they said that food in Singapore sucks. :P
Was really thirsty too, Had two drinks.
Soon after, Kenny showed me the Esplanade and the Merlion. Wished I had my camera with me during that time. It looked beautiful at night, except for the surroundings, where I mostly saw cranes.
I can't imagine how the place would be like in 5 years. Would be really gorgeous once the buildings are finished.

That's it, off to work now, will continue in Post #5 after work.

| To be continued in post #5 |

No comments:

Post a Comment